Code of conduct
Corporate social responsibility policy
Šroubárna Kyjov, spol. s r. o. is a company with a long-standing tradition. The values we believe in have been formed since 1950 when the company was founded. Over the years, the company has become one of the largest and most important production companies in the region around the town of Kyjov. Further development of the company is determined by our responsible approach to our employees, our business partners, our society, our region and the people who live there.
This code of conduct defines the principles which are the foundation of our business, our activities and our management tools.
We follow ethical principles and we comply with the law
- Ethical principles and respect for the law are the basic values of our behaviour and our corporate culture.
- Our company exists under the law applicable in the Czech Republic. We closely follow all laws that govern our activities and relationships, we know them, we honour them and we duly comply with them.
- We act and we make our decisions in accordance with the principles of corporate culture, social responsibility, employee collegiality and fair business relations, as well as in accordance with our legal rights and obligations stipulated by laws, by decisions of public authorities and by our contractual relationships.
- An indispensable condition for our cooperation with our business partners is that they also act in accordance with all applicable laws and ethical principles.
- We follow a program which also covers the management of business and process risks in accordance with standards set by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), in accordance with international standards for Quality Management Systems (QMS), including standard IATF 16949, and in accordance with principles of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). We are continuously using this program, we evaluate its effectiveness and we take measures to improve it.
We are a socially responsible company
- We fulfil our corporate mission "Together for future generations."
- In our visions, plans and decisions, we always take into account the interests of our business partners and employees, the impact on the regions in which we operate, and the impact on the people and the environment in these regions.
- We strive to ensure that the relationships with our business partners, public authorities, our employees, trade unions and the public are well established, stable and based on mutual respect and legitimate trust in fair behaviour.
- We support the region in which we operate and we are committed to further improve the quality of life of its people.
- Every year we issue a Corporate social responsibility report which is published on our website www.sroubk.cz.
We respect our corporate culture
- We are proud of our history and we build on it when we further develop our company as an organization with lasting values, traditions and customs.
- The basic principles of our corporate culture are:
- Focus on the customer, outgoing approach, full customer satisfaction through products and services of the highest quality,
- Consistent fulfilment of obligations,
- Good interpersonal relationships based on cooperation and mutual respect,
- Employee satisfaction and motivation,
- Development and use of employees' knowledge, abilities, skills and experience,
- A high level of work ethic,
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a diligent administrator - technological advancement based on continuous innovation,
- Continuous improvement of everything and everyone.
We value our employees
- Respect for human rights is an essential part of our company culture. We do not encourage or tolerate any form of discrimination. We respect employees' right to privacy. We condemn any form of violent or forced labour.
- We condemn child labour. We only employ persons who meet the conditions set by law.
- We cooperate with secondary vocational schools and with universities under contracts to provide training to students, appropriate to their age, knowledge and experience.
- We do not tolerate any form of illegal work, not even in the companies of our business partners.
- Procedures and conditions set by law have always been the minimum standard for our relationships with our employees. This also applies to the conclusion and content of employment contracts and other labour-law contracts or agreements, working hours, rest periods including breaks, overtime, bonuses, payroll deductions, or termination of employment contracts.
- We reward our employees duly for their work, including premiums for afternoon work, night work, work on weekends and holidays, overtime, etc. We also provide social benefits and other benefits to our employees above and beyond what is required by law.
- In relation to our employees and to public authorities, we fully comply with our legal obligation to disclose information.
- We respect our employees' rights including the freedom of association and the right to collectively bargain. We respect the position of the trade union as a representative of our employees and we consider it to be a partner in social dialogue.
- We continuously communicate with our employees, we organize meetings with top management and with other company executives, and we inform our employees about current issues through effective communication tools.
- We regularly carry out surveys of employee satisfaction and motivation.
- We assess all of our employees every year.
We have a whistleblowing policy
- We enable our employees and other persons to whistleblow, to raise queries and complaints.
- We address all whistleblowing reports, queries and complaints, we deal with them and we learn from them in order to achieve further improvement.
- We guarantee protection to all employees who come forward with bona fide whistleblowing reports, queries and complaints.
We pay close attention to occupational safety and health
- Occupational safety and health of our employees is an integral part of all our activities and has the highest priority. We create the most favourable working conditions. We adhere to our accident prevention program. We make sure that every work activity is carried out using safe working practices.
- We have developed a system of identifying and evaluating occupational health risks. We continuously review the system and improve it. The system also defines measures to eliminate occupational health risks.
- We are committed to prevention. We constantly educate and train our employees to work safely and to protect their health.
- We provide our employees with personal protective equipment according to a list drawn up for every workstation. Employees at workstations with increased heat or physical strain are provided with protective drinks.
- We monitor the health of our employees through a system of medical exams. We do not allow employees to perform work tasks which are inconsistent with their medical condition.
- If a workplace accident occurs despite our best efforts, we apply our system to provide first aid, to report or investigate injuries or other unfortunate consequences, to adopt measures to prevent its recurrence, and to compensate for damages.
We value our business partners
- We work with all our business partners in an honest and transparent manner, with respect and fairly. We expect the same behaviour from them.
- We respect the interests and needs of our business partners unless they are in contradiction with the law, they involve excessive risk or they might lead to harm.
- We are bound by the fact that we create values for our business partners. We apply the principle of continuous development to our products, increasing their added value and reducing their environmental burden at the same time. We implement a zero-errors policy.
- We select our suppliers with due care in order to maintain the quality of our products. We conclude contracts with our suppliers regarding quality and we evaluate how they meet their obligations.
- We monitor whether work procedures and technological procedures are being followed duly, and whether potential complaints from business partners are being resolved. We evaluate the satisfaction of our business partners.
- We want our business partners to work with us continuously or to return to us. The success of our business partners is also our success.
- We are committed to doing what we say we will do. We keep our promises. We support an ethical business culture. We perform our duties duly, fairly and honestly.
- If a business partner wants to conduct an audit in our company, we are ready to arrange it with them.
We condemn all forms of corruption
- We are committed to zero tolerance to offering or accepting bribes.
- We strongly encourage our employees to refrain from any corrupt conduct. Nobody who works for our company, acts in the name of our company or acts with reference to our company may solicit or accept any benefit for granting or promising any privilege, nor may they offer or provide any such benefit.
We respect economic competition and intellectual property, we protect personal data
- We are committed to free, fair and honest economic competition and we do nothing to disrupt it.
- We avoid conflicts of interest and situations which may cause suspicion of such conflicts.
- We respect intellectual property rights, trade secrets and other confidential information, and we protect such rights and information to the extent defined by law, by contracts with our business partners, by informed consents of data subjects, and by business ethics.
- We process personal data of our employees, as well as any other persons whose personal data has been provided to us, strictly in accordance with the law.
- All of our employees who come into contact with personal data, trade secrets or other confidential information in the course of their duties are bound to maintain confidentiality of such data and information.
We protect the environment
- Environmental protection is an essential part of our policy. Our standard is to at least meet all of the applicable legal requirements and the conditions of licenses which were granted to us by public authorities on the basis of applicable law.
- We are committed to continuously and systematically reducing the impact of our activities on the environment. We remedy old environmental damage.
- In order to comply with environmental protection principles, we have implemented waste management systems which prefer recycling, we have built closed water circuits and wastewater treatment plants, we have implemented energy management systems and systems to manage chemicals. Our priority is to gradually reduce emissions of pollutants into the air.
We apply the Code of Conduct in all of our activities
This Code of Conduct is the cornerstone of all our internal regulations, including:
- Conditions of employment
- Technical and organizational regulations
and related internal standards which build on the Code of Conduct and provide further details to ensure their consistent application.
We are committed to following this Code of Conduct, we enforce it and we monitor that it is being complied with.
Kyjov, May 22, 2018
Ing. Marek Světlík
Executive Director and CEO